29 Apr 2009

Swine Flu makes Jacko look not so wacko anymore!


The outbreak of swine flu is all over the news and the talk of status updates everywhere.

I have friends' who have already cancelled their trips to Mexico, and others who have booked to go in the summer and are now in Mehico holiday limbo. My heart goes out to them, and most certainly to all who have been affected by this outbreak. Swine Flu is spreading all over the world, and two people being diagnosed in Scotland are bringing the panic closer to home.

My best friend made a point that whilst everyone’s focusing on where the outbreak began, if someone has recently come back from Mexico and we happen to be sitting on the tube with them, we may be at risk without even knowing.

I think public transport is diseased even without all of this Swine Flu, but whether we like it or not, for some, it’s the only way. I am getting my face mask first thing in the morning. It’s not the kind of thing I’ve previously felt the need to search for online - but there are loads, plus the NHS have ordered 30 million extra.

The Daily Mail website has an article that I found to be very informative and helpful. Everyone seems to be going for the Jacko style masks, but they are certainly not the best option.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1174313/Swine-flu-panic-sweeps-UK-public-rushes-buy-facemasks-actually-work.html

A Geri Halliwell inspired cycling mask.


The Chinese wear protective face masks daily,
covering them with a cycling mask or a piece of material.

A website shares my thoughts... mocikingly.

So, I'm buying my mask, some pieces of different material (we don’t know how long this is gonna last for and I’m not wearing the same thing every day), and a few Swarovski crystals to add a bit of sparkle. If Louis did ever make a face mask cover, I wonder how much it would be?...

No comments:

Post a Comment