1 Dec 2009

ASOS Beauty & the Bloggers, Part One




I was invited to ASOS's Beauty & the Bloggers Event (and while I'm not a true blooded bloginista) my first post was indeed enthused by the launch of Dolce & Gabbana cosmetics; I was immersed in the world of Beauty and loved it during my time at Traveller Conde Nast, and I regard Volt's beauty shoots as pieces of breathtaking art.

As the saying goes, 'You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take' and so after the busiest of press days I met the fiance and went along - and I'm rather glad I did!

When I first came across ASOS it was known as 'AS SEEN ON SCREEN' and I kept it as a small and guarded secret until I could no longer resist showing people my finds on the site. Since then ASOS has become one of the most successful fashion and beauty business' during the recession.



Cupcakes, Champagne, Canapes and Laudree Macaroons, with beauty products to explore, hair stylists and manicurists on hand (literally) to pamper, and a selection of the new ASOS Black line to try on. As ASOS is an online business, it makes sense they embrace the bloggers and for that I was glad I have my blog.

 

I am really overwhelmed at what ASOS has managed to achieve. I couldn't believe it when I saw Illamsqua included in the selection of products as less than a year ago the brand had just launched exclusively to Selfridges. They have a massive range of beauty labels and products available on the site with many being ASOS exclusives.

  


I absolutely adored the ASOS Paint developed by Ciate. The packaging is adorable as beauty products are as much about the 'container' as the product itself, and I especially loved the White Chocolate Nail Polish Remover (that I can no longer find on ASOS.COM - boo) and the Speed Coat Fast Drying Top Coat which as someone who has very strong and quick growing nails really was something that impressed me by how fast it really worked. £6.00 EACH.



 DuWop Iced Tea Lipsticks are translucent lip treatments with sunscreen that when applied gives a sheer cover. The flavours are: Strawberry Kiwi, White Peach, Passionfruit and my fav Black Currant.
£14.50 EACH.


The giant Urban Decay Good Karma Big Buddha Brush was soft and luxurious.
£18.75


The This Works Lips (and Eyes) Crackers are the perfect gifts for the recessionista with no need to worry about wrapping or perfect as stocking fillers if you've got a bigger budget. I instantly envisioned a Christmas dinner party with my girlfriends and having these around the table. They're so much more practical than a silver plated keyring that is sure to be forgotten or lost within a few weeks.
£8.00


Urban Decay 24/7 Super Stash Glide on Pencils are perfect to split into 8 separate gifts. Personally I'd keep them ALL for myself as they contain conditioning Vitamin E & Jojoba Oil and are the perfect handbag/clutch size.
£18.00 for set of nine


The PURE Mini Lip Gloss Set that comes in the cutest black box and will sell out quickly!
£10.00 for set of six.


I think my favourite item of the night were these Mini Straightener a bargain at only £10!!
The come in black as well, but they as beyond cute and so handy!

Snapshots:

Testing the products!


Jenny hits the catwalk with Butters the dog


Being interviewed by the lovely Stephanie


LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOWLER HAT!!
It's only available online in black at the moment.
£20.00

The one downer to online shopping is that you don't get to try before you buy, and with make up that's often such an important thing if you're new to the brand or product. So upon arrival of some samples, I am going to try to test as many of the products as possible and I'll be back Part Two of Beatuy & The Bloggers - The Shoot!!


Unfortunately this cute little woof woof  is not available to buy on ASOS.COM.

No comments:

Post a Comment